Farro Salad with Mushrooms, Asparagus and Spring Greens
- 12 oz. Farro
- 5 cups salted water
- 1 bunch of asparagus, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- Small pint mushrooms (any type)
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic
• 2 cups chopped fresh spring greens (watercress, arugula)
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
• 1/2 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Dress with Mushroom and Sage oil from “Olive you More” Store (optional)
- Cook farro in a pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain, and rinse in colander under cold water.
- Saute in this order; onions, carrots, celery, asparagus, mushrooms and garlic
- Combine farro with sauted veggies.
- Add greens, oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper, dress with oil
- Garnish with shaved ricotta salata cheese (optional)