Gluten Free Almond Cookies
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 stick organic butter
1 tsp almond extract
1 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsps sliced almonds
3 Tbsps shredded coconut
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, softened butter and almond extract.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, shredded coconut, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Stir in the chips.
- Refridgerate the dough for 30 minutes. Here’s when you can take a walk 🙂
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls. Will be close to 15
- Roll and press the sliced almonds and coconut on the cookies.
- Place about a 2 inches apart on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, then remove. Can store for up to a week in an airtight container.